Did you know that Grovin Farms has its very own olive grove? That’s right- Grovin Farms has grown three varieties of olive trees- Arbequina, Koroneiki, and Arbosana, for over three years! Now, we are thrilled to announce that, come late summer, we will harvest and press our olives into delicious, high-quality olive oil for purchase!
About Grovin Olive Oil
At Grovin, we mill our olives within 24 hours of harvest- a crucial step before we store the oil in a climate controlled environment, allowing sediment to settle. Our oil will then be bottled and shipped to retailers near you! Thanks to our Florida climate, we have the unique opportunity to harvest our olives before the rest of the country, making our oil the freshest option for your Thanksgiving dinners or winter potlucks!
What Are the Benefits of Olive Oil?
- 73% of the oil content in olive oil is a monounsaturated fat called oleic acid, which studies suggest reduces inflammation and has beneficial effects on genes linked to cancer!
- Olive oil is packed full of powerful antioxidants that are biologically active and may help reduce your risk of chronic diseases.
- It fights inflammation and helps protect your blood cholesterol from oxidation — both of which lower your risk of heart disease.
- Several large studies have found that people who consume olive oil have a much lower risk of stroke.
- When applied to the skin, antioxidants aids in preventing signs of premature aging.
- The application of olive oil on the skin after sun exposure helps fight off cancer-causing cells.
- Olive oil is a popular natural moisturizer that is often used to soften both skin and hair.
- Olive oil can be used as a natural makeup remover, as it breaks down any water-resistant substances in eye makeup. This allows them to be wiped away more easily, causing less damage to your face’s most sensitive areas.
- People with dryer skin benefit from the deeply hydrating properties of an olive oil-based face mask.
- Vitamins and antioxidants in olive oil can help fade scars through stimulating skin cells to regenerate quicker.
- Monounsaturated fats (73% of olive oil’s oil content) are resistant to high heat, making extra virgin olive oil a much healthier choice for cooking.
- Olive oil consumption does not appear to cause weight gain. In fact, moderate intake appears to aid in weight loss!
- Studies and clinical trials suggest that olive oil can reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes.
The Smart Choice
As a family business, Grovin Farms has earned a reputation for high-quality sod and land development services. We are excited to expand into olive oil production, and show what our true passion is and what we’ve been working on for the past several years. Olive oil production was the basis of the original vision for Grovin Farms and we can’t wait to share it with the world!
Stay tuned for our much anticipated digital expansion! In the meantime, take a look at everything Grovin has to offer at GrovinFarms.com and see the difference for yourself. Contact us today to find out how Grovin Farms can help fulfill your wide variety of needs!